Thursday, July 26, 2012

The Warrior Goddess




My dear friend L shared this painting on facebook today.

It is so amazing!

I love that the woman in this photo is fierce, daring, courageous, and proud. She looks like she just climbed a mountain and is basking in the bliss of "I can do ANYTHING!"

Another thing I especially love about this photo is her body - she is so beautiful and obviously strong and fit, yet she looks completely different than what most images in my mind and popular culture tell me "healthy" looks like.

She is beautiful and knows it. Maybe she doesn't even give any thoughts or meaning to being beautiful at all.

I've been feeling really good the past week.

I have been going on (almost) daily walks with Shadow, and have even worked out once and went to the outdoor Solaris yoga sesh.

I have been cooking for myself, and eating more salad. Actually, I have been including salad every day and have discovered am YUM-amazing Kale salad recipe :) which I will share soon.

I am also trying not to deny the things that I like, like sweets occasionally and fatty foods. (I've been eating at least 1/2 an avocado a day - and feeling really good! )

So I haven't had any real cravings for "junk food" yet so that will be interesting to experience when that does come up ...

The other day, though, my friend offered my some Chex Mix and guess what? I ate some, enjoyed it, and didn't feel bad about it :) It was a serious break through for me :) :) :)

I also made myself popcorn when I was craving something to munch on that was a bit salty; it was so good and reminded me of the popcorn nights with the ladies in Hawaii .

So anyways. Here I am. Just trying to be myself, love myself, accept myself, and be an f-ing WARRIOR GODDESS. Yep.

Love and Peace and Acceptance

Sofie



No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me on Facebook