Thursday, June 14, 2012

Thinking About Life Purpose ...

Meditation - a useful tool for over-thinkers like me :) 
The more I try to think about my life's purpose and what I am supposed to be doing on this planet, the more confused and dis-oriented I get. I like the idea that we should "follow our bliss to guide us to our true purpose in life." It's seems like such a little-ego trip, wanting to know your life's purpose from the beginning!

How can we know? The journey is most likely the purpose and if there is A purpose, we may not be able to tell what it is until the very end of our time here on Earth.

So here I am, trying to find a balance between creating my bliss, my reality, and achieving the things I think I want, and allowing the flow of the Universe to bring opportunities into my life that I can either accept as fun challenges, or complain about how unfair and hard life is ! I'll try to stick with the first choice :)

Just yesterday I was thinking that it would be fun to volunteer somewhere.

I didn't get any work today at the spa, yet the reason I went into town and sat down to relax at Starbucks before noon Yoga presented itself almost immediately.

A former co-worker of mine was there and told me about an opportunity to volunteer giving massage and other therapies to people experiencing cancer. She had just met the woman last night, and thought of me as someone who might like to be involved! What a blessing :)

I e-mailed Julie at http://spa4thepink.org and asked to set up a meeting :) I have already received a very warm e-mail reply from her, saying that she would love to connect and see where it takes us. I definitely look forward to learning more about the work she does and seeing if her project is a good fit for me.

Until then - I think I'll just do what feels good ... with an attitude of non-attachment, that is ;)

Love and Infinite Blessings!
Sofie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me on Facebook