Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Options for September

Here is what I have come up with for possible options at the end of my lease in September ...



Hawaii - working on a fruit farm/hostel/work-trade
Pros: I have been there before & loved it, amazing community interested in sustainable living/holistic healing arts, art, music. Sacred Land, Beaches, fruit, work-trade opportunities.
Cons: Expensive plane ticket (for me + Shadow + massage table), have to wait at least 5 months to bring Shadow. No snowboarding.




WWOOFing in Arizona :)

Pros: Lots of sustainable communities/permaculture farms, many centered around the holistic healing arts (I am surprised and delighted!), work-trade, warm climate in winter + sub-tropical climates in some areas, beautiful sacred land, can probably find a ride for me, Shadow, massage table, and can possibly drive myself. New experience + opportunity to learn about different plants. I LOVE the desert + arid climates, native american energies and desert wildlife, Shadow fits right in !
Cons: Uncertainty about going to a new place - will I like it? Will it be a fit for me? No snowboarding.




Stay in Vail, CO for 5th Winter season

Pros: Good job doing massage @ Vitality Center + free ski pass working part-time @ Starbucks. Snowboarding. Shadow loves the snow. Julie is here and she is awesome and I could live with her!

Cons: HUGE work week (4-5 days working with 3-4 of those days being doubles : 6:30 am - 7 p.m.) Cold winter, probably a lease or living in Gypsum, long commute and Shadow doesn't get along with Chihuahuas, cant grow food in winter, feel dis-connected

Conclusion: I am a free bird with many possibilities. Arizona is looking the most appealing to me at the moment, and I can't wait to get in touch with some WWOOFing farms and see what kind of help they need in the winter and whether or not they allow dogs. I absolutely love the Southwest and something about the Utah/New Mexico/ Arizona energy, and especially the land seems to call to me.

My intention is to find a farm on which I can live FOR FREE and hopefully eat much of my food for FREE as well ;) Meet a lot of interesting, compassionate, loving beings interested in art, music, healing, yoga, intentional living, massage, herbs, aromatherapy, color, MUSIC, love animals and connecting to the land, growing food, and interested in building sustainable structures and gardens that provide food year-round :)

Feeling positive!
Sofie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me on Facebook