Saturday, June 16, 2012

First Night Camping :)

Me, camping in 2011 in Crested Butte.
Hoping to have recent photos soon!
Last night was my first night camping out since I've been back in Vail :) I thought I was on-call at 9 a.m. this morning, so I figured I would spend the night a bit closer to work and save the extra bike ride in the morning, possibly go to the free community yoga practice on the Solaris lawn.

I hiked up to a special location that I found after creeping through waist-high brush, set my tent up right next to a little stream, and lay down for the night. My hips where aching though, and my mummy-style sleeping bag did not allow for much movement so I kept crawling in and out of my bag to stretch into frog and half pigeon pose in the middle of the night.

The next morning I woke up to discover why my hips where in so much pain: I think being in Nature invited my flow to start early. I was crampy and achy and just wanted to get my things packed up and start heading back to town. I then discovered that one of the dogs peed in my tent last night! I bet it was Moon. My bike ride home tonight was supposed to be really easy - now it looks like I've got to lug my sleeping bag and tent home to wash. How do you wash a down sleeping bag anyways?

I'm tired - achey - and am not on call until 11 a.m. which means I will have to stay in town until at least 3 or 4 p.m. Didn't make it to yoga. Just want to sleep. Not really in a writing mood, but I figured I should come to this blog and be honest about how I'm feeling - not just write about the days when I'm in an ecstatic mood.

Overall the camping trip was fun. The hike was fun and the dogs got to run around - a LOT. I met some people before leaving that might want to adopt Moon. I hope they do.

Peace & Kindness
Sofie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me on Facebook