Friday, June 8, 2012

Goodbye White Bird and Mahalo for your Kokua (Thank You for your Cooperation)

On the road for a summer in Crested Butte, CO

My car is probably my second highest expense. It gets OK gas mileage at about 20-25 miles to the gallon, but also requires yearly state registration (about $60), monthly insurance payments (mine are $110 a month), and repairs .. more of them if you drive like a dummy like I do ...




I didn't notice I had a flat tire until this happened..

Tire damage: one of the minor things that I have put this Bird through; dirt roads are harsh on wheels but they sho' are purty and usually bring you to really majestic places. Unless they don't .. and you end up at some hillbilly ranch in the middle of no where and things start to get real weird real fast .... but I digress.


Maybe you noticed that beautiful second pair of wheels I tote around on the back of this gas guzzling beauty. I am making it a point this summer to use exclusively my bicycle, feet, hitch hiking, ride sharing, and free bus services for transportation. Currently the car is unregistered, un-insured, so I would have to be a certified ding dong to keep driving it around. (I am using it today and tomorrow to pick up my dogs and a spare bike tire tube and hoping for no police intervention.) For now I am not going to sell my car because God knows I have said that I was going to do many things in the past, and then later given up.

I am excited to explore the Vail Valley on leg-powered wheels and cut out a huge expense out of my lifestyle right from the beginning.

Update on my first bike ride from Minturn to Vail soon to come :)

With love and abundance,
SK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me on Facebook