Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Blech Stomach Ache

So to be completely honest here - in the past I have restricted certain foods because of my fear of them. Fear of gaining weight, first of all.

I'm trying to get over that. I want to eat healthy to feel healthy - and also because I care about animals - I love animals - and I want my food choices to be as eco and animal friendly as possible.

So I no longer eat meat. And I seldom eat other animal products like eggs, cheese, and butter. Sometimes the cravings kick in though, and I feel like it is healthier to eat a little bit of something 'un-healthy' than to restrict myself to the point where I completely lose control and binge on what I was trying to restrict.

I ate some conventional cheese today on a quesadilla (which was also on a white-wheat flour tortilla) and man, my stomach hurts right now. I feel like the meal would have been just as good without the cheese, and next time I will make this meal without cheese and with a gluten free tortilla and see if I feel better afterwards.

As soon as I ate it, I felt a decreased amount of energy after eating the quesadillas and I think it's because for the past week I have been eating (mostly) really clean ( I have been eating lots of fruits, veggies, nuts, and gluten-free carbs like rice and seed crackers, hummus, and quinoa .. ad the occasional cookie/treat when I feel like it.)

I think it's important to eat what you want - and try to make it as healthy as you can (especially if you feel that certain ingredients irritate your stomach).

I'm finally seeing a light at the end of this "eating disorder" tunnel though, and I know I just need to keep practicing self-acceptance, moderation, and not seeking out the "perfect body" which is such an illusion!

Love and Acceptance
Sofie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me on Facebook