Thursday, November 29, 2012

Talking about Adventure and Vlog 1

Today I recorded a Vlog video diary :)




More on adventure:

What is adventure? I know what I think it means: doing something exciting that you've never done before, maybe even something risky!

Here's what Dictionary.com says it means:

noun
1. an exciting or unusual experience

2. participation in exciting undertakings or enterprises: the spirit of adventure
3. a bold, usually risky undertaking; hazardous action of uncertain outcome
4. a commercial or financial speculation of any kind; venture


So why am I feeling like I my life right now isn't adventurous right now when it totally is? My mind was just clinging to the idea (that many hold, I think) that you have to go somewhere to go on a grand adventure. And you can, and it will probably be epic. Nothing wrong with that, both ways are equal in my mind now.

I am now certain and content with the idea that I can stay exactly where I am and still live adventurously. Have exciting and unusual experiences that are risky and which have uncertain outcomes. That kindof sounds like life.

I kindof think that is the whole concept of the freely living blog... to let go of patterns that rule my life and live more freely, adventurously, with less expectations of outcomes and just taking life in as it is :) Welcoming the uncertain!

Anyways, why is adventure so important anyways? (I'm not saying it is not, but its an interesting question nonetheless.)

Does it make our lives seem more worthwhile, more exciting?

Just trying to look at it from kindof a Buddhist/ego questioning perspective. But .. I want to paint. Can't stop to think ..

Ha!

Love and awesome adventures!
Sofie K

p.s.

Pema Chodron..
As human beings we share a tendency to scramble for certainty whenever we realize that everything around us is in flux. In difficult times the stress of trying to find solid ground-something predictable and safe to stand on-seems to intensify. But in truth, the very nature of our existence is forever in flux. Everything keeps changing, whether we're aware of it or not.
What a predicament! We seem doomed to suffer simply because we have a deep-seated fear of how things really are. Our attempts to find lasting pleasure, lasting security, are at odds with the fact that we're part of a dynamic system in which everything and everyone is in process."
(Living Beautifully with Uncertainty and Change)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me on Facebook